Wednesday, October 6, 2010

dun dun dun... boot camp!

Oh my goodness yall.  I went to boot camp tonight at my gym for the first time.  I've never been a huge fan of boot camp, but now that I'm starting to really get into the swing of this whole working out thing, I figured this would be a great way to kick up my routine during the week. Although I did have a general idea of what to expect, it didn't matter - it was one of the 3 toughest workouts I've ever done in my life. Just so you know, the other hardest-workouts-ever were a bosu strength class and a crazy hard step class my friend Brittney Martin and I happened to both be at during senior of colleg. Let me tell you, the only thing that got me through that class was the fact that she was there laughing at the absurdity of what we were doing right along side me. 

Back on topic, warm-up consisted of running in place, jumping jacks, high knees, burpees, mountain climbers, squat jumps, more jumping jacks, and more running place.  Warm-up.  Ha.

For anyone that watches the Biggest Loser, we had to use those big ropes and make waves and outside circles with them.  From this experience alone I know for a fact that I never ever want to be on BL (not that that was ever a goal of mine or any thing).

The instructor must have really liked me because he kept calling me out.  Everytime he did I just gave him a nice big smile to show him how much fun I was having!  And he even graciously helped me lift the bar during the last set of chest reps - and it definitely wasn't because I had absolutely no energy left and couldn't have lifted that bar if my life depended on it.

It's cool though.  I'm totally going back next week.  One day, my arms/shoulders/butt/legs will thank me for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment