Thursday, October 28, 2010

about that sewing machine...

Okay when I said I wanted a sewing machine I definitely wasn't kidding.  And on that note, let me introduce you to the new fabric in my life:



So here's how this all came about.  Step 1: Allison sees coffee table ottomans and becomes semi-obsessed.  Step 2: Allison finds coffee table on Craigslist and convinces Will it will fit in his car.  Will holds back anger when the coffee table didn't fit in his trunk, and then shakes his head in annoyance/awe when it fits in the backseat of his car - with max 2 inches to spare.  Step 3: Allison innocently looks up fabric on Fabric.com just to you know, see what's out there.  Step 4: Sale on Fabric.com?!  Oh my gosh!  Step 5:  Allison (and Will) agree on 4 fabrics they like (coffee table and pillows) and next thing you know, fabric is ordered and arrives at the house.  Crazy, isn't it?

Navy burlap will be the color for the coffee table.  Originally I wanted a pattern and something light colored but then I remembered a) a tray for spillable drinks and b) feet, and realized that my favorite color navy would be perfect.  Then I saw that chevron, and those dandelions, and that taupe and gray pattern with great texture.  Now I'm not saying I'll use all fabrics for living room pillows (after all, they'll need a sofa to sit on, preferably one covered with fabric), but I am thrilled to have so many options that I love.

And one day I will be thrilled to turn them into something more than folded up fabric.

Fabrics clockwise from left: Premier Prints ZigZag, Premier Prints Chipper Texture, Burlap, Premier Prints Dandelion

Side note: This is the first time I realized the 3 patterns I picked are all the same brand.  I guess I just found a go-to brand, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment