Monday, October 11, 2010

a comfy coffee table

On Friday I stayed home from work with a terrible stomach ache and cold.  By the end of the day, I had found new favorite do-it-yourself house project blogs, watched design shows on HGTV, and found a coffee table on Craigslist for a project!

Introducing a coffee table ottoman:





At first I wasn't so sure about this, but now I am totally sold.  I love the idea of adding some design and color to a coffee table - and making it perfect for feet!  A little tray for drinks, and what more do you need?  Plus, I like splashes of fun patterns and fabric, not couches and chairs of it.

Although I'm picking up my coffee table tomorrow, unfortuntely I won't be able to start the project for a few months.  We have to move by the end of the month and the new place doesn't have a good place for sanding and staining wood.  Sad, but I'm still very excited about the (hopefully in the near future) day that I will get to work on making one of these beauties!

For a full tutorial on how to make one, check out Kara Pasley Designs.  She does an awesome step-by-step guide which makes even a beginner like me feel like I can take this on no problem at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment