Wednesday, October 6, 2010

turkey vatapa soup

I love love love soup.  I like it year round, but once the weather turns cool, it's all I want.  For my birthday this past year, KK sent me a Cooking Light special edition of all soups and stews.  I have 2 cookbooks full of soup recipes, but I always find myself reaching for this magazine first.  A few weeks ago I made a list of soups I wanted to try and decided the first one would be a nice hearty fill-you-up-at-dinner soup.  Enter Turkey Vatapa.

It's a Brazillian based stew that I'll let Cooking Light tell you all about.  I'm a pretty big fan because it's like nothing I've ever tasted before, it's very yummy, and it definitely fills you up.  Next time I make it I might consider either seeding the jalapeno or just using a smaller one.  I also really like the idea of using rotisserie chicken or leftover turkey and will most likely try that next time (I had neither so I just threw some turkey breast cutlets on the George Foreman which was pretty easy as well).  The list of ingredients might seem a little long, but most of the items are inexpensive and you probably already have at least half of these things on hand. 

To sum up, this was a definite winner.  So happy to have found this at the beginning of the awful cold weather months.

Picture courtesy of Cooking Light (I was too hungry to take my own)

PS: mine looked pretty much like this picture looks!  That's always a plus in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment