Saturday, January 15, 2011

oy

It was seriously one of those weeks.  On Monday it started with something bad happening at work that was not our/my fault, but was on a campaign that I worked on.  On Tuesday it sounded like things could be resolving well but by Tuesday afternoon, that was clearly not the case.  On Wednesday we woke up to an extra foot of snow on the ground and an unexpected snow day - only because the building where my office is actually closed down.  However, I had to do some work from home and let's just say that's pretty hard to manage when you only have access to email.  On Thursday I finally gave up and cried.  In my cube.  Yeah.  I also postponed the conversation I wanted to have with my boss because I had a feeling those recent tears would not help my case.  On Friday I handled crisis 186 of the week and impatiently waited for 5 pm.  And that's all I'll say about it.

Now that it's the weekend, I can finally start to enjoy life again.  Some things I've been working on:

- Designing a 2011 calendar much like this one.  Had a little snafu this morning when my computer shut down for updates and I apparently forgot to save said calendar, but we're back in action and I plan on printing this baby out at a Kinkos soon.  Expect to see it in the new place.  Places I am already planning to check off: Seattle, Dallas, Chicago, Pinehurst, and Cary/Chapel Hill.  Here's to hoping I travel all sorts of places.

- Coasters.  They are wooden and I am obsessed.  So far I have sanded and wood puttied.  Today I plan on staining and next week I'll paint.  Hip hip hooray.

- Packing.  Yes, packing has commenced and I actually like it.  Along with my a bag of clothing that I am filling to take to Goodwill, I picked out 4 books to donate.  Purge people purge.

- Christmas shopping.  No seriously, I already found something for someone next year.  Yesss.  So ahead of the game.  Now if only it would come back in stock.

- Braving danger each and every day.  Because this is what we're dealing with here in snow plagued CT:

Ginormous icicles... 

...that are right above the door to our apartment. 

Everytime Will goes under he puts his arm over his head.  Every time I do I just to try to move quickly while not sliding on the 2 inches of ice right outside the door.  It's quite a feat.

Anyways, that's my life.  Nothing exciting or particularly great in the last week.  Here's to next week - and a much better one at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment