Saturday, January 8, 2011

goodbye green and blue plaid comforter

One of things that I miss most since moving up to CT with Will is my awesome Queen size mattress that I bought at the beginning of my senior year of college.  Not only does it have a pillow top plus an extra memory foam pad, but I also got a sweet deal on it because, well, the man ringing me up wasn't the best at math and he was doing it by hand and... yeah.  Before you think I'm a terrible person, just know that my dad was sitting right beside me while this math went on and he didn't speak up either.  Okay maybe just a little bit terrible.

Anyways, getting to enjoy that bed for 7 nights - and plotting how to get it up here - combined with all this moving stuff (good news: we picked a place for January - July!), has made me think about how I would decorate the bedroom from almost scratch - if I could.  Then I remember the new place has faded royal-blue carpet in our bedroom so yeah, I won't be rushing on this because a) we'll be moving again in July and b) um, weird carpet. 

However, if I were to decorate the way I like, it would probably have this comforter


With a tufted headboard like this (but maybe in a darker taupe color?)


And with decorative pillows out of this fabric (which lucky me, I already own!) and maybe other fabrics with punches of orange?



And there would be a lamp similar to this, but made with the brown bulb vase I bought at TJ Maxx and maybe a tweed or burlap shade



With this clock on my bed side table


And a copper elephant that my dad is going to make will of course be found somewhere amongst all of this.

I will definitely be looking for that comforter to go on sale one day soon.  And now that I have a new work space to play in, I can totally make the vase lamp so it will be ready to go.  Another plus to moving is that it makes me want to go through everything and get rid of tons of clutter so I'm actually looking forward to moving this time.  Hopefully I can keep this positive attitude going strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment