Wednesday, January 26, 2011

and this is only the beginning

Oh hello there.  Been a while?  Tell me about it.  Just a quick update:

- it snowed yesterday
- it snowed today
- it's sleeting, wintery mixing, and snowing through the night
- snow is on the forecast for tomorrow
- snow is on the forecast for Friday
- snow is on the forecast for Saturday

Plus side: when I'm sitting in my cube, it feels like I'm in a snow globe.  Down side: skidding through stop lights.

Real down side?  We're moving on Saturday.  And right now the path from our apartment to our cars is not a wide one, and there's at least a foot and half of snow on either side of said path (because the snow from the Christmas blizzard never ever got a chance to melt and it's just been piling on since then). 

Annnnnyways, packing is going so well!  I've filled one Goodwill bag full of clothes and am working on a second.  For those keeping track, that's a total of 4 trash bags plus one big Gap bag that have been/will be donated to Goodwill since November (and let's not forget all those clothes that went to Dress for Success).  The sad thing?  My closet is still a wee bit too full.  Eeks.  But I'm loving all this de-cluttering, trashing, and donating that's going on because clearly I needed it.

However, I have a problem and that problem is a shower curtain. Ever since last February, we haven't needed a shower curtain because we had a glass door at Belmont and now at Newfield we have weird glass "European" style doors (read: door only covers one half of the shower) so we have a basic liner covering the other half.  But now my friends we will need a shower curtain.  Fact: I was up until past 1 am on Monday night because I was afraid I'd never be able to find a shower curtain I liked.  After online searching for about 2 hours, I had found just 2 that were options and I was far from sold on either of them.  Two anxious days later and we might have just found something that will help me sleep pretty tonight:


Hey there subtle yet pretty pattern in a color palette that doesn't scream "OMG I love Justin Bieber" or "I'm ready for my hip replacement guys!"  Let me tell you, it's not pretty out there in shower curtain land, but this one has the potential to be something special.  It's out of stock online, but it's supposedly in stock at my local Target so you can expect to find me there very soon. 

Want to see the rug I've been eyeing for far too long?  Okay!!


Sorry that Anthro put a white rug on a white background, but I do love this dainty thing oh so much.  Good news: Will does too.  Because yes, his opinion matters.  And when I show him all potential shower curtain/rug options and he doesn't like one that I do and I pout he makes sure to remind me that his opinion matters.  Right.  This rug is a little pricey, but considering we don't need much else for the bathroom (and because I'll want this rug no matter what rug I get), I'm a-okay with it.

Thanks for listening to my troubles.  Maybe it's the snow, maybe it's the boxes, maybe it's all the plans running around and tripping into one another in my head, but I'm a little loopy tonight.  Okay, off to pack up my jewelry box, sewing box, and a random vase.

No comments:

Post a Comment