Friday, November 19, 2010

obsessed

Okay you might not know this yet but it's probably time I share it: I have a slight obsession with elephants.  Let me tell you, Will is super excited about it.  First it started with the salt and pepper shakers I wanted.  Then came the 2 elephant "statues" I got at Ross while I was there with my parents a few months ago - they totally thought they were cool.  Even stuffed animals are getting my attention and that has happened since I was like 12 years old.  Everytime I see an elephant these days I point, smile giddily, maybe jump up and down, and squeal "Look Will!!! An elephant!"  Like I said, he loves this new development.

But last night I hit the mother load.  While perusing the print shop I discovered on Urban Outfitters, I found this guy:


Even Will likes this one!!  Those colors, those flowers, those lines, those bubbles, those swirls - it is exactly what I would do if I had only thought of it first.

So yes I'm in love.  I'm also in love with this print shop I discovered.  There are so many good pieces and they are so reasonably priced.  I would love to put this collection on my wall, in this way:


Clockwise from left: buffalo, rhino, elephant, and black sheep.  Picture frames.  Picture maybe switching the elephant with the rhino.  Picture my smiling face everytime I would see this. 

Before I go crazy and order all of them go, I'm going to challenge myself to try and draw something similar to the elephant print.  Sure I might have to trace an elephant since real life was never really my thing - I'm an abstract and random design kinda girl - but I actually think I could do something pretty close.  So while I'm sitting around watching football and desperately cheering on my fantasy team, picture me drawing an elephant.

All images from Urban Outfitters Print Shop

Update: I just found this image on Sugarboo Designs:


I want to sit on the ground on a table cloth and paint this immediately.  Come on weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment