Monday, March 21, 2011

good morning yummy breakfast

Let's get this out there: I am not a morning person.  But I am a huge breakfast person.  I love it all the time.  I especially love eggs and turkey bacon. 

Even though I love breakfast, my usual weekday routine is pretty boring: Greek yogurt or oatmeal with almond butter and honey.  Although I love them both, sometimes I just want something that has a little more of a weekend-breakfast feel.  So when Cooking Light sent out an email last week that said "17 Grab-and-Go Quick Breakfast Recipes," I was beyond excited.

First recipe that I had to try:  Mini Frittatas with Ham and Cheese


Note:  I used frozen turkey sausage instead of ham because I don't eat ham.  And I didn't use thyme because I apparently threw mine away, but I'm also not a huge fan of it (maybe why I threw it away?).

Pros:
- Easy!  Whenever something is easy, I automatically like it more.
- Seriously low in calories (which makes mid morning snacks so guilt-free)
- Tasty - the onions and sausage and cheese play really well off each other
- I have breakfast for a week!

Cons:
- Even though you do eat 3 of them (per serving), they are small little things
- Onions can be iffy in the morning, but they aren't too potent and I always have tea and/or water right after breakfast (and gum in my purse)

To sum it up: these make breakfast a little more fun and exciting!  And who doesn't like an exciting breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment